ISS announced its QualityScore Data Verification portal is open this week, with an important addition: the new Board Diversity Subcategory, which includes four new factors and five existing factors that will be effective at 7 a.m. eastern time on Thursday, November 29. The new factors for the Board Diversity Subcategory include:
- How many women serve in leadership roles on the board?
- How many women are named executive officers in the company?
- What is the standard deviation of director age?
- What is the standard deviation of director tenure?
The following five existing factors will also be included:
- The proportion of non-executive directors on boards with lengthy tenure
- Number and percentage of women on the board
- The existence of mechanisms for director refreshment
- The percentage of directors with tenure less than six years
The QualityScore model will also add new factors on the most recent levels of shareholder support for the CEO and Chairman and the most recent level of shareholder support for Say on Pay. The issuer verification portal closes at 8 p.m. on Friday, November 16.